We understand that many of our customers (older individuals with underlying health issues) are exactly the population most at risk from COVID-19, and therefore we have an obligation to be extra diligent in being careful to not transmit this virus.
We also understand we provide essential services to support our customers with disabilities that cannot be simply put on hold until this pandemic has subsided.
Therefore, we will continue to operate but will follow the below procedures.
- Any of our staff who may have any of the symptoms associated with this virus (such as: fever, cough, shortness of breath) will not be working or in contact with any other member of our team.
- Any of our staff who to their knowledge have come in contact with someone who has, or they believe may have, COVID-19 will similarly not be working or in contact with any other member of our team.
- At this time, we will try to avoid nonessential visits (such as: annual maintenance) and to the extent possible will try to walk through and resolve service issues on the phone (at no charge).
- All our staff will use an approved hand sanitizer prior to entering and again upon leaving any customer home.
- All our staff will use an approved disinfectant on the demo products and tools they typically bring into a customer home.
- Our staff will avoid shaking a customer’s hand and will try to maintain a safe social distancing to the degree possible (at least 6 feet).
- Our staff will try to make as little contact as possible with surfaces in the customer’s home and will ask the customer to limit contact with anything we bring into the home while we are there.
- We will use an approved disinfectant on the surfaces of the any stairlift we have installed or serviced.
- We also request that any customer tell us if any member of their household has COVID-19 symptoms or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- We suggest any family with a particularly vulnerable member of their household keep that member away from any visitor to their home (including us) and the other household members wash their hands after any visitor (including us) have left.
Our first objective is the safety of our customer and our own staff, but despite the key procedures above, it is impossible for anyone to guarantee not transmitting this virus, if it is present. It is ultimately the customer’s decision if they want visitors in their home during this period.
We may update this at any time as the circumstances change.
7 Precinct St., Lakeville MA 02347 . www.liftandcaresystems.com